The website https://www.equivox.be (hereafter: the “Website”) is offered by:
EQU.MEDIA BV (hereafter “equmedia”)
Company number (VAT-BE): 0678.982.380
E-mail : [email protected]
Feel free to contact us should you have any privacy-related questions. We promise to reply soon!
1 Why this Privacy Statement?
Every person who visits or uses the Website (hereafter the “User”) discloses a certain amount of personal data. The personal data is information which allows equmedia to identify you as a natural person, regardless of whether we actually do this. You are identifiable as soon as it is possible to create a direct or indirect link between one or more data and you as a natural person.
We only use and process your personal data in accordance with the Privacy Law and the other applicable regulations. Every reference in this Privacy Statement to the ‘Privacy Law’ is a reference to the Belgian Act of 8 December 1992 on Privacy Protection in relation to the Processing of Personal Data. Every reference to the Regulation is a reference to the Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the Protection of Natural Persons with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the Free Movement of such Data.
2 Who is responsible for the processing of personal data?
equmedia is responsible for the processing and decides alone or in cooperation with others which personal data are being collected as well as the purposes and the technical and organisational means with regard to the processing of those personal data.
equmedia is free to rely on data processors. A processor is the natural or legal person who processes your personal data upon request and on behalf of the data controller. The processor is required to ensure the security and confidentiality of the data. The processor shall always act on the instructions of the data controller.
3 On what legal grounds are my data processed?
In accordance with the Regulation we process personal data on the following legal grounds:
· On the basis of the execution of the contract agreed upon with you or the execution of pre-contractual steps taken at your request; or
· On the basis of compliance with legal or regulatory provisions with regard to the management of the contractual relationship;
· On the basis of your consent to send promotional offers (direct marketing).
4 Which personal data are being processed?
equmedia commits to only collect and process your personal data which are necessary for achieving the purposes pursued by equmedia. A non-exhaustive list of personal data that might be processed can be found here:
. Name, birth date, postal address, email address, and telephone number;
. Username and password;
· Information we receive from you via applications, forms or in other communications to us;
· Information about your horses, competitions, rankings, awards, certifications, winnings;
· Information from your transactions with us, such as payment history, certifications and performance data;
· Information with regard to your computer and your consultation of the Website: IP-address, operating system, probable location of consultation, hour and day of the consultation, the pages which are being consulted, the website you visited before ours, mouse movements, statistical information on web traffic, usage patterns, etc.
This data is collected at the time of your registration on the Website and when you use our services. Other personal data may be collected at a later stage. These data are necessary for the provision of equmedia services.
5 For which purposes are my personal data being used?
equmedia collects your personal data for the sole purpose of offering every User of our a safe, optimised and personal user experience of our Website and the offered services. The processing of your personal data is therefore essential for the proper functioning of the Site and the provision of associated services. If these data are missing, are incorrect or incomplete, equmedia reserves the right to suspend or cancel certain operations.
equmedia commits to solely process your personal data for the following purposes:
– To allow the User access to his/her user account and to use the services offered on the Website;
– To manage the contractual relationship to which the User is a party;
– To keep and analyse statistics on the use of the Website;
– To offer a personalised service to the User by sending newsletters, offering personalised services, providing support and complaint follow-up;
– To detect and protect Users against fraud, mistakes and/or criminal behaviours;
– Send promotional offers if you have expressly agreed to this (direct marketing). In this case, you remain free to withdraw your consent at any time.
The User always provides his/her personal data to equmedia and thus retains some control. If some data are incomplete or seemingly incorrect, equmedia retains the right to postpone certain expected actions temporarily or permanently.
6 Who receives your personal data?
Your personal data are processed for internal use within equmedia only. Your personal data will not be sold, passed on or communicated to any third parties, except in case you have given us your explicit prior consent.
equmedia has taken every legal and technical precaution to avoid unauthorized access to and use of the data. In the event of a data breach, equmedia will immediately take every possible measure to limit the damages to a minimum.
7 How long do we store your personal data?
Your data is stored as long as necessary to achieve the purposes pursued. They will be erased from our database as soon as they are no longer necessary for the purposes pursued or if you validly exercise your right to erasure.
8 What are my rights?
8.1 Guarantee of a legitimate and secure process of your personal data
Your personal data are always processed for the legitimate purposes explained in point 5. They are collected and processed in an appropriate, relevant and non-excessive manner, and are not kept longer than necessary to achieve the intended purposes.
8.2 Right to access
If you can prove your identity, you have the right to obtain information about the processing of your data. Thus you have the right to know the purposes of the processing, the categories of data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the data are transmitted, the criteria used to determine the data retention period, and the rights that you can exercise on your data.
8.3 Right to rectification of your personal data
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data may be corrected. It is primarily the responsibility of the User to make the necessary changes in his “user area” himself, but you can also request us in writing.
8.4 Right to erasure (or “right to be forgotten”)
You also have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data under the following assumptions:
– Your personal data are no longer necessary for the intended purposes;
– You withdraw your consent to the processing and there is no other legal ground for processing;
– You have validly exercised your right of opposition;
– Your data has been illegally processed;
– Your data must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation.
The deletion of data is mainly related to visibility; it is possible that the deleted data are still temporarily stored.
8.5 Right to limitation of processing
In certain cases, you have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data, especially in case of dispute as to the accuracy of the data, if the data are necessary in the context of legal proceedings or the time required to equmedia to verify that you can validly exercise your right to erasure.
8.6 Right to object
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.equmedia will stop processing your personal data unless it can demonstrate that there are compelling legitimate reasons for the processing which prevail over your right to object.
8.7 Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain any personal data which you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. At your request, this data may be transferred to another provider unless it is technically impossible.
8.8 Right to withdraw your consent
You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, for example for direct marketing purposes.
9 How to exercise my rights?
If you wish to exercise your rights, you must send a written request and proof of identity by registered mail to equmedia, Langendamdreef 22, 9880 Aalter, BELGIUM or by email to [email protected]. We will respond as soon as possible, and no later than one (1) month after receipt of the request.
10 Possibility to lodge a complaint
If you are not satisfied with the processing of your personal data by equmedia, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Data Protection Authority (for Belgium: https://www.privacycommission.be/ ).